I often get the question from foreigners and indie enthusiasts – Why do Indian Women wear Toe Ring? The answer for the question Why do Indian Women wear Toe Ring is not limited to just Hindu traditions.
Why do Indian Women wear Toe Ring
Toe Rings are worn as a symbol of married state by Hindu women and is called Bichiya (pronounced: bee-chee-ya) in Hindi, Mettelu in Telugu, Metti in Tamil,Kalungura in Kannada. Tradition of wearing toe rings carries tremendous social significance for married women in India. Both Hindu’s and Muslim Women wear these Toe rings, as a symbol of Married state.
Wearing toe rings is not just the significance of married women but there is science behind it. A particular nerve from the second toe connects the uterus and passes to heart. Wearing toe ring on this finger strengthens the uterus. As Silver is a good conductor, it also absorbs polar energies from the earth and passes it to the body.
Scientific and Ayurvedic Reason behind wearing Toe Rings:
- Some Men frequently wore a ring on the big toe for curative purposes or to augment their masculine vigor.
- Wearing toe ring to the second toe has sexual/erotic effect.
- The reflexology texts also mention about treating gynaecological problems by massaging the second toe.
- There is also a belief that the wearing of toe rings press on certain nerves that pertain to the reproductive system, keeping it in balance and healthy.
- Indians believe that your “prana” or “life force” must be in balance in order for you to stay healthy. All of the paths of your “prana” run down to your toes, so the idea that a marital symbol could double up as a reproductive enhancer is not a big stretch.
- As Silver being a good conductor, it also absorbs the energy from the polar energies from the earth and passes it to the body, thus refreshing whole body system.
- Thus we came to know another custom of the Indian culture and Traditions of how Wearing a toe ring deals with Acupressure and women issues.
So, hope you have liked our answer on Why do Indian Women wear Toe Ring? Let us know more.
About Kuruganti Event Managers
We are event managers from the past three generations. Due to this, we have learnt a lot from our parents. As kids we have helped us parents in putting smile on everyone’s face. This kind of experience helped us a lot. Hence, this helped us in becoming the best Event Managers in Hyderabad.
We plan perfectly and get complete work on time. As a result we have helped many families enjoy the weddings with peace of mind. Also, we helped them in avoiding problems with vendors. This maybe the reason many call us the best Wedding Planners in Hyderabad. Our Corporate Event Managers in Hyderabad are voted as the best by all.